Manager, Embedded Software Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking candidates for the position of Embedded Software Engineering Manager 2. The selected candidate for this position will report to the Manager of Engineering and Technology located at the Laser Systems facility in Apopka, FL.
The Software Manager will lead and manage the development of embedded and application software for Electro-Optical (EO) systems. In addition, the Software Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Overall cognizance and ownership for staffing, recruitment, performance management, career development, and employee engagement for the software department
- The technical planning and directing of software engineering responsibilities to ensure the successful achievement of program cost and schedule commitments
- Providing leadership and guidance with all activities involving the software development lifecycle process including requirements definition, design, implementation, integration, final testing, and production support (along with the development of formal documentation throughout)
- Leading and maintaining the continual improvement and refinement of software development processes
- Full accountability and ownership of all technical cost and proposal inputs for the development of software products
- The creation and maintenance of roadmaps with chief engineers to define technical approaches for new development projects
- Focused mentoring and engagement with subordinate direct reports to support program, department, and business goals
- Effective collaborating in a team environment across business areas to accomplish team and program goals
- Facilitating and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field, plus a minimum of 9 years of experience in software development.
- 3 years of experience in project leadership, and/or management of embedded software products.
- Extensive expertise with all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expertise in the development of embedded systems (RTOS, device drivers, communication protocols, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to do presentations.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to make decisions that impact the organization’s credibility, operations and services.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security clearance.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Functional management of software products and development efforts
- Program management (including customer management)
- Northrop Grumman Mission Systems software development processes
- Developing EO software systems for DoD customers
- SEI CMMI Level 3 or higher
- AS9100 and/or DO-178
- Active Secret Security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top