Manager Embedded Software Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a software manager. The manager will be responsible for the management of a Software Development team within the Radar Receiver / Exciter product line area. Management of the team includes: providing technical guidance, software process leadership, executing performance appraisals, staffing allocations, and career goals development. Provides oversight to a team that designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements. Guides the team in applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products, such as laboratory simulation systems, aircraft flight control and display systems. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
The preferred candidate will be experienced in leading and coordinating a team through the standard software development activities. These activities include the full software lifecycle: requirements, design, coding, unit testing, integration, and software release to an end customer. Strong communication and people leadership skills are a key to this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar engineering/technical degree, plus 7 years of progressive Software Engineering/Development experience
- Experience as a Software Engineering/Development Team Leader
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- Prior software functional management experience (executing performance appraisals, staffing allocations, software process leadership, and career goals development)
- Radar software experience
- Receiver/Exciter Software Experience
- Experience with the Receiver/Exciter development and Configuration Management process
- Experience as a Receiver/Exciter SW Lead on a program
- Current, active Secret clearance or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top