Manager Electronics Engineering 2 - Electrical Design Technology
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking leaders within multiple organizations in the Electrical Design Technology Department. This department needs managers in three technical domain sections: RF Microwave & Mixed Signal Design, Integrated Circuit Design, and Design Enablement.
Members of the RF Microwave & Mixed Signal Design teams are responsible for architecting, designing, verifying, and supporting existing and future RF microwave and mixed signal assemblies including advanced packaging interposers, ferrite devices, manifolds, multi-chip modules/tiles, radiators, and receiver/exciter circuit card assemblies.
Members of the Integrated Circuit Design teams are responsible for the design of Integrated Circuits across a wide variety of applications and technologies, including but not limited to Superconducting Electronics, RFICs, MMICS, Analog/Mixed Signal, Digital ASIC, and filters in Silicon CMOS, SiGe, GaAs, GaN, and Superconducting technologies in support of all Mission Systems Sector research, development, and production Programs.
Members of the Design Enablement teams are responsible for PDK development, device/system modeling, system/user/project administration, design enablement scripting, layout automation, onsite application support and custom EDA tool development (beyond scripting).
Positions for managing these teams are dual role, encompassing both people and project/technical leadership.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a functional group of 10 to 15 engineers including performance management, career development, staffing, and merit planning
- Provide project and technical oversight for activities performed by the group
- Maintain and ensure application of processes and guidelines used in the group
- Develop proposal inputs and review proposal content for both internal and external customers
- Collaborate with peer managers to ensure consistency across multiple work groups
- Support department initiatives, recruiting, technology roadmap creation, cross-campus/sector involvement, and internally funded projects
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Engineering or Technical degree
- Minimum7 years of related engineering experience including responsibility as an integrated product team or technical lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of RF circuit and assembly design, integrated circuit design, or design enablement functions across the spectrum of RF assemblies and integrated circuit technologies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent
- 12 years of experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Demonstrated success leading high performance teams as technical, integrated product team, and/or functional leader
- RF and mixed signal product design, RFIC and mixed signal IC design, PDK development, or IC tools development
- Current Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Back to top