Manager Electronics Engineering 2
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is seeking leaders within multiple organizations in the Hardware, Eastern Region Department . This department needs managers in two technical domain sections: Sub System Payload & Ground Engineering and Electrical Design & Analysis.
A manager is needed to manage members of the Sub System Payload & Ground team are responsible for Payload and ground system designs and analysis as it relates to higher level requirements and interfaces. Members of the team will work with customers, systems engineering, electrical and mechanical engineering to assure sub system payload and ground requirements and interfaces are satisfied.
Positions for managing these teams are dual role, encompassing both people and project/technical leadership.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Lead a functional group of 10 to 16 engineers including performance management, career development, staffing, and merit planning.
- Provide project and technical oversight for activities performed by the group
- Maintain and ensure application of processes and guidelines used in the group
- Develop proposal inputs and review proposal content for both internal and external customers
- Collaborate with peer managers to ensure consistency across multiple work groups
- Support department initiatives, recruiting, hiring, technology roadmap creation, cross-campus/sector involvement, and internally funded projects
Basic Qualifications: 10 Years with Bachelors degree; 8 Years with Masters; 7 Years with PhD
- US Citizenship is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and lead a diverse team.
-Prior design experience and familiarity with design documentation and processes.
- Experience with hardware configuration and impacts of changes to production hardware
- Held leadership roles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top