Manager Electrical Engineering 2 - (Payload Section Manager)
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, has an opening for an Manager Electrical Engineering 2 - (Payload Section Manager) to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
As the Section Manager, you will be leading a diverse team of Electrical Test Engineers. You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Department Manager and fellow section heads to define and implement the department strategy s taffing your team.
- Assisting section members incorporating the Space Systems vision and principles into their work scope.
- Building a culture that empowers and motivates individual performance and establishes functional shared accountability with the program areas.
- Setting employee performance goals and provide performance feedback.
- Supporting the annual salary review process.
- Mentoring and developing the next generation of technical and project leadership.
- Occasionally supporting proposal activities.
- Improving and enforcing System Integration Test and Evaluation Electrical Test processes.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) related field plus 5 years of engineering experience OR a Master's of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) related field plus 3 years of engineering experience.
- Proven leadership experience on a project and/or team.
- E xperience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level, plus ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) clearance.
- Experience in Functional Management.
- Experience in Space Electrical System Level Testing.
- Experience with Test Beds, Payloads, Control Room Operations.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top