Manager Electrical Engineering 2 - JWST ETOPS
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems in The Electrical Test Operations (ETOps) Department is seeking a performer on the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) team to fill the role of Test Operations Section Manager (15%-20% coverage) and lead a team of approximately9 electrical test conductors and technicians supporting the various test operations tasks in Redondo Beach, CA.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
The successful candidate will help their section members incorporate the AS vision and principles into their work scope, build a culture that empowers and motivates individual excellence, and establish functional homeroom shared accountability for program performance.
Electrical Test Operations Manager duties include:
- Test Planning and coordination
- Test Setup and Test Execution
Section Manager responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Working closely with theETOPS Department Manager and fellow section managers to implement department and CoE initiatives
- Ensuring successful planning and execution of program system test operations activities
- Collaborating with programs to satisfy staffing needs and provide operations support (incident investigations, metrics collection and analysis, etc.)
- Setting Talent + goals and providing regular performance feedback to employees
- Supporting the annual salary review and promotion process
- Mentoring and developing the next generation of technical and project leadership
- Improving and enforcing system test engineering processes and procedures.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Science Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- Minimum of5 yearsengineering experience with a Bachelors Degree ina STEM discipline
- 10 years experience in the SIT&E (formerly IT&L) organization working hands-on testing (Technician, TC or TE experience)
- 3 years of experience JWST program test operations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top