Manager Electrical Engineering 1
The System Test Organization (STO) Center is hiring a Section Manager (S01) to lead a team of frontline system test technicians supporting multiple programs System Integration Labs (SILs) to include Global Hawk, NATO, Triton and FMS/ROK in San Diego, CA.
This position covers 20 percent of the candidate’s time and the remainder would be directly supporting the candidates existing program.
The successful candidate will be expected, but not limited, to do the following:
- Help their section members understand the E&GPD vision and principles
- Build a culture that empowers and motivates team performance, and establish functional shared accountability with the programs and new business pursuits we support.
- Work closely with the System Lab operations and Instrumentation (SLO&I) Department Manager and fellow section managers to define and implement the department strategies
- Ensure successful planning and execution of program test operations activities
- Solicit and fulfill program staffing needs
- Provide program operations support (incident investigations, Behavioral Risk Improvement, etc.)
- Set Talent goals and provide performance feedback
- Support the annual Salary Review Planning process
- Plan for future program skill mix requirements
- Mentor and develop the next generation of leadership
- Improve and enforce electrical test operations processes and product reuse
- Serve as focal point for System Test and Operations Center training needs
- Support Equipment Asset Management (EAM) compliance
- Promote metrics based management across the organization
- Lead affordability initiatives
- Review and support proposals and program milestones presentations.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) (Electrical, Computer, Software, Mechanical, Aerospace or related preferred) plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in any of these related areas to include: systems engineering, electrical engineering, lab operations, or systems integration.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Must have some experience in leading other engineers or technicians
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer, Software or related equivalent field)
- Strong technical and people leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Prior Section Manager experience
- Familiarity with Autonomous Systems portfolio of programs are also highly desired
- Self motivated, self starter, independent worker
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top