Manager - Data Systems 1
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Manager- Data Systems 1 to lead the Data Systems team for the AAQ-24 Repair Program. The Manager will provide direct supervision (4 staff), assignment of work, performance management, and Program reporting. The Data Systems Team is responsible to develop and support a variety of system applications and databases which support the AAQ24 Repair Program .
- Acting as the lead Point of Contact for the Data Systems Team
- Participating in Program meetings and reporting status of projects and developmental efforts
- Manage a team that is responsible for systems which support scheduling, material monitoring, warehouse operations including inventory management, repair process tracking and financial cost forecasting and scheduling.
- Responsible for performance goals and employee reviews.
- Review, prioritize and implement enhancements to existing Program systems.
- Establish and document system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and software systems compatibility, and coordinate and/or modify system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- May code using C , C#, VBA to enhance system functionality.
- Review database design and work to enhance and provide back up or recommendations to improving existing system functionality.
- Document and review training documentation for system tools and database enhancement work completed by team.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5 years of experience in data system/database administration.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience working in a team environment supporting multiple functional areas.
- IT or Technical degree preferred.
- Experience working in a avionics repair environment.
- 1 years of management experience.
- Ability to code in C , C#, and VBA.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top