Manager Cyber Systems Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman's Military and Civil Space Division is seeking a manager to lead a newly created Cyber Systems Engineering department in Azusa, CA. This is a dual-role position, involving functional management of a team of cyber systems engineers and as well as leadership for contractual cyber projects.
Candidates should have broad cybersecurity domain knowledge, including information assurance, anti-tamper, intrusion detection, software protection, software assurance, communications security, encryption/key management, network security, reverse engineering, countermeasures, certification and accreditation.
They should also have knowledge of information technology and software principles, concepts and techniques, including software languages, design models, test methods and integration practices.
Functional Management Responsibilities:
• Goal setting, performance assessments and feedback
• Career counseling, mentoring, coaching and professional development
• Engagement and recognition
• Recruiting, hiring and workforce planning
• Process development, advocacy and enforcement
• New business acquisition, proposals and special projects
Project Management Responsibilities:
• Engages with programs from concept and design through implementation, test and deployment to develop secure, resilient systems
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
Ideal candidates should have demonstrated interpersonal and technical skills, as well as a working understanding of the space systems industry. NGLinkedAS
• Bachelor's degree in STEM field plus 5 years of cyber engineering leadership experience
• Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37)
• Knowledge of DoD policies and requirements related to cybersecurity including DoD 8500.01 and 8510.01
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• M.S., MBA, or other advance degree
• Prior technical management/supervisory experience
• Experience with Agile development methodology
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance, SCI and/or Polygraph
• DoD 8570 IAT Level III Certification (CISSP, CISA, CASP, CCNP, GCIH or GCED)
• Experience supporting space systems
• INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top