Manager Cyber Systems Engineering 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Cyber Systems Manager position in San Antonio for the Central Region Engineering & Sciences (E&S) division, in the Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) discipline as a Front Line manager. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
Team Leadership and Management: Responsibilities include staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs. The responsibilities include recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management, and contract maintenance for the contractors working in this discipline and geographic area.
Team Technical Performance: Responsibilities also include support and adherence to standard cyber systems and software processes, the oversight of cost, schedule, and technical quality for cyber systems development as well as performance on various types of development and maintenance contracts within this discipline and geographic area. High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation, and monitoring. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
The position requires the leader to communicate not only with E&S management, but also with other department managers, including the Program Management organization. Consequently, excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines in and out of the Central region, along with program directors and program managers.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. They will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. The candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. They will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business. The candidate will have demonstrated experienceleading systems engineering teams in either in the development of new capabilities or O&M/sustainment.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- 5+ years' experience in software, cyber or systems engineering
- Prior experience translating requirements into design baselines
- Experienced in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through retirement and a working familiarity with CMMI, ISO 9001, AS9100 and/or ISO 15288
- Mustbe a U.S. citizen and have theabilityto attain a Top Secret clearance, SCI, and/or Polygraph
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Experience operating in a customer facility providing integrated support
- Experience designing and architecting advanced Cyber systems
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance
- Certified in one (or more) of the following
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (Associate or Certified Level)
Back to top