Manager Cost Accounting 1
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Manager Cost Accounting 1. The position will be in Herndon, VA.
It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions
with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day
coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits.
We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success. Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance.
At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
In this position you will report to the TS Sector Rates and Budgets Manager. She/he will manage a team responsible for all phases of the incurred cost process and for coordination of compliance related matters with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation, review, and submission of annual TS Sector incurred cost proposals (ICP);
- Coordination and management of DCAA/government audits and Requests for Information (RFI's) for the incurred cost proposals;
- Negotiation of incurred cost claims with DCMA;
- Management and reconciliation of over/under accounts and rate reserves resulting from ICP submittals and/or ICP updates
- Coordinate and disposition intercompany transfers related to prior year adjustments
- Manage a team of 3 analysts
As the position will often work directly with customer oversight organizations including the DCAA and DCMA the she/he should have strong customer relations and negotiation skills. In addition, candidates must have an ability to think in complex and ever-changing situations to solve problems, and to effectively transfer knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related field with a minimum of 6 years' experience in Business Management, Contract Audit, or Internal Audit areas -OR- 4 years of experience with a Master's degree.
- Experience working with and negotiating with DCMA/DCAA.
- Demonstrated customer interface and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC skills to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related field with a minimum of 8 years' experience in Business Management, Contract Audit, or Internal Audit areas; 6 years' of experience with a Master's degree.
- Master's degree or CPA.
- Prior Incurred Cost Claim and/or Indirect Rates and Budgets experience.
- Knowledge of DCAA and DCMA charters, policies and procedures helpful.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced proficiency with SAP & Excel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top