Manager, Contracts 2
Northrop Grumman Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is seeking an Operating Unit Contracts Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This high visibility position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, regular interaction with various levels of executive management to include various functional organizations throughout the division, sector and corporate levels. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA. The Operating Unit Contracts Manager will need to hold a current Top Secret clearance with the ability to secure a TS/SCI. This position requires a thorough understanding of government regulations, the ability to negotiate all types of contractual agreements and support the bid/proposal process. The selected Contracts Manager will need to perform contract administration activities, provide contractual strategy leadership, as well as have the ability to provide leadership, mentoring and support to assigned staff and manage all contract administration efforts for the Ground Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Operating Unit (OU) reporting into the Intelligence Solutions Business Unit. The GISOU provides IT solutions to solve multiple customers' processing, exploitation and dissemination requirements and has a varied portfolio of contract types, including FFP, CPFF, CPAF, and T&M.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing highly effective internal/external client relations
- Collaborating with and providing guidance to the team responsible for the administration of the contracts within the portfolio, proposal strategy and review.
- Review and approval of contractual documents for protection of company's contractual posture, adherence to company policies, the advisement to various levels of leadership regarding contractual rights and obligations and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Development of contract professionals and represents the Operating Unit externally with our customers from a contractual relationship.
- Administers, extends, negotiates, and terminates standard and non-standard agreements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years relevant experience in contract administration/management.
- Hold a current Top Secret clearance with the ability to secure a TS/SCI.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to mentor and train assigned staff.
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, CPFF, FPLOE, etc.) of varying sizes and types of agreements (e.g. master service agreements, NDAs, TAs, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations.
- Strong proposal development skills, solid negotiation skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and decision making skills that support accomplishment of discipline objective to resolve complex problems and minimize risk to the Corporation.
- Ability to travel several times annually.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top