Manager, Contracts 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Manager of Contracts to support the programs within Overhead Persistent Infrared Operating Unit (OPIR OU), with its main program and this position performed in Boulder, CO. Other OPIR locations are in Redondo Beach, CA, Azuza, CA, Dayton OH, and Australia.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Conducts major proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- With business development, engage early in pursuits to help structure the deal through white papers and customer interaction
- Participates in new business strategies, identifying and analyzing risks and implementing a risk strategy for bid decisions.
- For competitive bids, responsible for overseeing contract proposal volumes, administration of evaluation notices, supporting fact-finding responses and performing lead role in the negotiation process.
- Examines estimates, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- Mentor program managers in the business and contractual aspects , offering potential solutions to complex situations while maintaining good customer relations
- Identify scope issues for early resolution prior to impacting program performance, including understanding of cost impacts to ensure change proposal captures full cost and schedule impact
- Lead team and manage development of the contracts staff
- Prepare and implement contracts processes across multiple sites, including metrics
- Must be knowledgeable of the DOD contracting environment and have direct experience in working FAR, DFAR based contracts.
Bachelor's degree; 12 years related work experience in contracts, subcontracts, and/or business management with a Masters or JD degree 10 years in contracts and/or subcontracts
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment that integrates the finance, pricing, subcontracts and contracts roles
- DOD security clearance
- International experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top