Manager, Contract Admin 2
- Rolling Meadows, IL
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking an Operating Unit (OU) Contract Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL reporting to the Manager of Contracts for the Emerging Systems and Strategic Initiatives (ESSI) Business Unit. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence.
The Contract Manager will review and approve contractual documents for protection of the company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies and therefore a keen attention to detail is essential. Candidate will also be responsible for planning and executing successful contract negotiations of a complex nature, achieving favorable terms and conditions to assist in meeting the OU financial goals and the mitigation of risk. Proactive and effective collaboration is required with the program, technical and operations organizations in order to provide guidance and direction based upon the requirements of the contracts, change management discipline and to ensure timeliness of CDRL submissions.
The Contract Manager's responsibility includes being able to make decisions in a timely manner, offer guidance and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizations ranging from technical, program, finance, supply chain, export and security for seamless contract administration. In addition, regular interaction with both OU and BU leadership will be required. The successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision of the Advanced Multi-spectral Integrated Solutions (AMI) OU personnel and for providing objective-oriented guidance utilizing management guidelines & general policies while maintaining a strong level of engagement.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Developing highly effective client relations
- Development and review of proposal strategy
- Review and approval of contractual documents for protection of company's contractual posture and adherence to company policy
- Advise various levels of leadership regarding contractual rights and obligations and interpretation of terms and conditions
- Development of contract professionals
- Ability to provide concise and effective communication through presentation, written documentation or email format with different levels of Management is key
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• 6+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree
• Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations for contracts, including the FAR and DFAR
• Proven leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to mentor and train assigned staff
• Strong proposal development skills, solid negotiation skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Must be a team player, independent, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
• Extensive experience in contract lifecycle management including, proposal planning and development, negotiation, contract start-up, contract management/administration, compliance, and closeout
• Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain SCI and SAP Clearances
• Ability to travel
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 10+ years relevant experience in acquisition management
• MS/MA/MBA/JD desired
• Knowledge and proficiency using 1ERP
• Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Experience working in a SAP environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top