Manager Configuration Analysis 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is youkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Configuration Analysis Manager2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This is a dual role of functional management (" 15%) and Configuration Analysis expertise on program(s) (" 85%). Management responsibilities include CA/Configuration Data Management requisitions and staffing, performance of mid-year and end of year PMP reviews, overall BOE responsibility for the Section, and conduct regularly scheduled group meetings, and regular 1:1 with staff members.
Configuration Analysis duties will include reviews status of projects, manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Plans, coordinates preparation, release and control of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met. Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes and coordinates modification records for management control. Reviews and analyzes engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- Create, implement and maintain CDM processes and plans, and execution of tasks in support of the plans.
- The candidate will establish CDM configuration-controlled baselines in accordance with NGAS sector processes and our customer statement of work.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of configuration management practices and procedures.
- The candidate must be able to work with the program IPT Leads, Program Manager, Chief Engineer, and software development lead to ensure products are generated, managed, reviewed, approved and released using sector approved processes, tools and analysis products.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo .
- Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university with 7+ years of configuration experience OR
- Master's Degree from an ABET accredited university with 5+ years of configuration experience
- Masters Degree
- Excellent communication, mentoring, and interpersonal skills, as well as proven leadership and management skills.
- Previous Management experience.
- Current and active Secret or Top Secret clearance with Periodic Review or investigation within the last 6 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top