Manager, Capture 3
Lead capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business. Develop capture understanding and overall strategy for each capture led. Define/identify/align capture resources, and manage critical decision milestones for the pursuit of each opportunity. In developing the capture strategy engage with customers to determine needs, conduct competitive assessments and develop price-to-win strategies, identify potential teaming partners and suppliers. Participates in bid and proposal activities, maintaining on-going interaction internal business development and executive management. The successful candidate must be able to simultaneously lead multiple captures and be capable of transitioning an opportunity from assessment through pursuit and proposal submission.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years hands-on experience in capture management, business development, and program management activities.
- Experience in translating customer views & pain points and market data into new capture opportunities that could be driven from affordable, innovation, and/or associated value propositions.
- Experience leading pursuit efforts with a value of $50 million or greater in the domestic or international marketplace.
- Familiarity with all major contract types such as large Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Vehicles, cost plus, incentive type and fixed price.
- Understanding of the DoD marketplace.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Government procurement policies and regulations.
- Ability to analyze strategic issues, excellent written and verbal communications.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards as use in business development operations.
- Ability to manage capture teams, assign and monitor work of exempt and/or non-exempt employees on a daily basis and actively assist or provide direction to subordinates as required
- Solid leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and administer budgets and standards of performance.
- Willingness to travel. Depending on location travel may be 25% or more.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance of at least secret level.
- Experience with International capture management including export requirements, FMS and DCS
- Possession of a Secret clearance or above
- Experience with consulting and negotiating skills (e.g. Franklin Covey)
- Experience with system acquisitions including both HW and SW components
- Experience with Missile Defense and/or Strategic Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top