Manager Business Mgmt 1
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Business Manager to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) program. The Business Manager will interface with the program management, functional, and customer teams to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing all financial aspects of the program to include the PSPD business management team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Partner with the PSPD Program Manager by providing financial leadership and support to the program by:
- Developing and maintaining program cost baseline
- Managing program costs
- Performing cost and schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks
- Supporting submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government
- Preparing manual invoices for the program
- Attending and support customer meetings
- Supporting on-going collaboration with the PSPD program team and customer
- Preparing and analyzing contract estimates at completion (EAC)
- Supporting the preparation and coordination of monthly financial forecasting and reporting of Sales, Margin, Awards, Acquisitions, Cash, and Payables (Outlook/IF)
- Providing variance analysis on program financial metrics
- Preparing financial inputs to internal reports and presentations (IPRS, PMRs, etc)
- Supporting preparation and development of program inputs for the AOP and Forward Pricing plans
- The ideal candidate will be able to function successfully in a dynamic program and communicate within a team environment including communication with all levels of internal management and customer management
Offer is contingent upon obtaining required clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline with 10 years of industry related experience in finance, accounting or program control
- Understanding of government Cost Accounting Standards and the FAR
- Experience with MPM
- Must have an active or be able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance
- All work will be performed on site at CBP office in Lorton, Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, SAP, and Business Warehouse (BW)
- Strong analytical, leadership, communication, and organizations skills
- Knowledge and experience with EVMS
- Previous experience leading and managing teams of two or more resources
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top