Manager Business Management 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Manager Business Management 2 to lead all business activities associated with a Program within the Aircraft Sustainment Modernization Center (ASMC) Operating Unit. This position is located in Melbourne, FL.
This position reports to the ASMC Business Manager and partners with the Program Manager and his direct reports to establish strategy; prioritize requirements and achieve financial goals while ensuring the integrity of business processes.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers.
We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
- Responsible for daily business management operations
- Provide business oversight, interface with applicable customers and auditors (internal and external) and assist with contract negotiations as needed to ensure sound business deals within authorized parameters are achieved.
- Interface with diverse functional areas to ensure risks are understood and financial performance is achieved.
- The successful candidate must possess an solid understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); Federal Cost Principles to include direct versus indirect, allowable vs. unallowable; Forward Pricing Rate proposals (FPRPs) development, negotiation and execution and Financial Planning to include Annual Operating Plan development and budgeting to include Capital expenditures and charitable contributions. The candidate should also have an understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) and should be proficient at developing and motivating a productive staff in a team environment with excellent interpersonal, planning, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience (or four additional years of relevant professional experience in lieu of degree) in finance, accounting or program control.
- Understanding of DOD contracts, government Cost Accounting Standards, Commercial contracts, Commercial contracts and the FAR.
- Full working knowledge of EVMS as applied to major government contracts
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proven professional and managerial skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the program results
- Able to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Able to change physical locations based upon need
- Active Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain Program Clearance
- US Citizenship required
- MBA or CPA certification
- Experience with SAP and MPM
- Ability to develop and present material outside the immediate work function - Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Comfortable networking and interfacing with employees of other organizations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top