Manager, Business Development
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Manager of Business Development to support our deployable spacecraft mechanisms group. Astro is the industry leader in space deployable systems, and since 1958, Astro Aerospace has enabled complex missions to Earth orbit, Mars and beyond with innovative deployable space structures and mechanisms. Our products have been successfully employed on hundreds of space missions with 100% successful deployments in space.
Reporting to the General Manager, Manager of Business Development will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the Business Development group for the site and top line growth
- Lead capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts
- Develop capture strategy including business solution for pursuit of opportunities; identify potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and prices-to-win; participates in bid and proposal activities
- Develop proposals including planning and scheduling proposals
- Compile cost, schedule and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
- Participate in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives
- Participate as a member of the contract negotiating team
- Oversee the site's overall marketing strategy including: networking within the aerospace industry, understanding the site's key capabilities and effectively marketing areas of differentiation, educating target market audiences about the site's capabilities through presentations, conferences and traditional marketing media, leading development of marketing materials, and overseeing the sites online technical presence including website, newsletters and social media.
- Oversee and manage Business Development team
- Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure efficient operation of Business Development Team
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; MBA with concentration in Marketing and Engineering Management highly desirable
- Five (5) or more years of technical/marketing experience
- Understanding of spacecraft hardware prime and subcontractor infrastructure for the acquisition of space deployables and subsystems
- Skills in creating technical presentations, strong customer management skills, product development, and proposal development required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top