Manager Business Development 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Manager of Business Development3 in the Global Logistics and Modernization (GLM) Division. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
- Directing and managing business development activities.
- Growing the Business Unit and Division's pipeline with quality opportunities,
- Building strong customer intimacy and supporting strategy development & business capture efforts.
- Supporting division efforts to grow core capabilities and new business opportunities within the GLM capability portfolio including, but not limited to, electronics and platform sustainment and modernization, tailored mission solutions, and international expansion.
- Identifying and assessing government requirements, resources and acquisition plans/issues across multiple customers and will analyze/communicate the information to GLM personnel.
- Representing the Business Unit with key Division, Sector and Corporate pursuits, and will be a key leadership role for the integration of the Business Unit vision, strategy, requirements shaping, business portfolio growth, investment planning, acquisition, and marketing.
- Be a key leader/representative with all applicable customers, both domestically and internationally.
- Supporting significant collaboration across NGTS divisions and with NGC Sectors in support of business growth.
- Supporting the ongoing long range strategic planning process as well as the development of a robust opportunity pipeline.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline, with a minimum of 10 years of combined experience with defense / aerospace business and defense operations or a Master's degree and 6 years combined experience with defense / aerospace business and defense operations.
- Substantial knowledge of U.S. military Services, in particular their logistics and sustainment leadership structure and personnel (military and civilian).
- Experience in US and allied military aviation operations, maintenance, logistics and sustainment.
- Experience in business marketing / coordination and submission of responses to customer inquiries, presentation of program and capability material, and interaction with customers at all levels within the organization.
- High Energy. Open communicator / collaborator to all levels of the organization. Dedicated to the team and business area and able to communicate effectively with senior level / Executive Management.
- Must have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and be able to juggle multiple competing priorities in high pressure, short turn-around situations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with individuals and diverse groups of people in business and social settings.
- Able to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel).
- U.S Citizen
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Current Security Clearance or ability to obtain renewed clearance within 6 months of onboarding up to Top Secret.
- Significant operational, acquisition, and/or program management experience.
- Business Development experience for a pipeline of over $1.5B annually.
- In depth experience and knowledge of US Naval Aviation Systems Command, US Army Aviation major command, and each Services' Depot Level Maintenance capabilities and organizational structure.
- Successful experience with public private partnering and building industry teaming relationships is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MRO&U environments, operational and CONOP knowledge and experience.
- Strong existing relationships with DoD and allied government organizations.
- Demonstrable experience across all phases of the Business Acquisition Process (Strategy, Opportunity Shaping, Identification, Qualification, Capture, Bid, and Keep Sold activities).
- Current Top Secret clearance with ability of being granted TS/SCI or SAP accesses.
Back to top