Manager, Business Development 3
The Missile Defense and Protective Systems Division within the Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Manager of Business Development to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support the Integrated Fires and Protective Systems Business Unit. This position can be located in Mclean, VA or Huntsville, AL.
The business development manager will be responsible for the growth of the business units' pipeline and will promote collaboration across the division and the sector in order to achieve synergies and profitable growth. The successful applicant for this position will have responsibility for key domestic and international business development efforts across all phases of the business acquisition process and must be sufficiently self-motivated to create new business in support of the division's strategic objectives. Technical and customer knowledge in the Army Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) or International Air and Missile Defense domain is a plus.
The manager will develop and execute growth strategies, identify new business opportunities, establish pursuit priorities and develop successful capture plans. The successful applicant will also have the ability to apply entrepreneurial approaches to expand IAMD markets.
Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 15 years of Defense experience and strong customer domain knowledge
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense acquisition process, export, and policy governing sales of defense equipment internationally
- Thorough knowledge of government procurement and business development process (identification, qualification, capture and bid activities).
- Proven ability to develop and implement creative strategies to win bids
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills including the ability to generate written material to communicate to customers at all levels, including senior executives
- At least 10 years hands-on experience in Business Development, Strategic Capture, Program Management, Strategic Planning
- Experience leading teams and managing budgets
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Advanced degree
- Program Management including managing a budget and schedule
- International experience
- A proven track record of sustained business growth with large government programs across a broad range of customers and contract vehicles
- Ability to select and resource priority captures to drive awards growth at or above market growth
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top