Manager- Business Development 1
- Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
The Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS), Advanced Defense Services Division Business Development organization is seeking a proven Business Development Manager 1 to drive and achieve AOP awards commitments for a $430M Business Unit, develop business opportunities and grow top & bottom line business in collaboration with the line, technology, and account management organizations. The position is located in Herndon, VA.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for business development activities associated with the identification and qualification of new business including re-competes, and developing organic growth opportunities within the Applied Mission Technologies market arena as assigned by the Business Unit Business Development Director and aligned Operating Unit Director.
- Identify and maintain active liaison with customers and Northrop Grumman's technology & engineering and program management organizations associated with individual opportunities and perform ongoing assessments and capture activities that align with Northrop Grumman's business acquisition process (BAP) in phase 1 through 6.
- Practitioner of Capture Management; engage, motivate, and lead high powered teams to solve complex customer problems
- Identify key customer contacts, budgets, procurement / technical requirements, investments, applicability of NGTS capabilities & technology, NGTS discriminators and strengths & weaknesses of competitors as aligned with individual capture or market arena campaigns.
- Work closely with Account Managers, Capture Managers, line leadership, technical & engineering, and Division resources to ensure all required marketing intelligence is factored into capture strategies and tactics leading to contract wins.
- Perform ongoing assessments of competitors and analyze their bidding strategies and tactics.
- Prepare monthly performance reports on business development efforts and activities that align with the assigned operating unit; take action and roll-in corrective actions from the lessons learned process
- Works with key personnel within operating units to develop solutions and high level win strategies for business pursuits and captures that S/he is leading, as well as support and lead efforts to meet AOP commitments for the assigned operating unit.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in the following areas is required: A minimum of 5 years' experience of successful business development, program management, or engineering expertise in representing and proposing Advanced Defense Services for the Intelligence, and C4ISR market arenas.
- A solid understanding of the various Intel and DOD mission, vision and strategy, organizations, and mission areas. Including knowledge and understanding of the Intel and DOD acquisition process.
- Familiarity with key Intel and C4ISR customers, influencers, and decision makers.
- Understanding of and experience bidding and winning in the Intel and C4ISR marketplace.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, qualifying and winning $10-$100M programs/contracts
- Well versed in industry, and the competitive landscape supporting the Intel and C4ISR mission.
- Ability to align Northrop Grumman capabilities with winning solutions to help customers meet their mission objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, and a strong business development and mission presence. Must be able to clearly present ideas to senior management, line management, and customers.
- Active TS/SCI with poly clearance required
- Advanced Technical degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top