Manager 3 Program Planning & Schedule (Clearance Required)
- San Dimas, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Sector is seeking a Manager 3, Program Planning & Scheduling on our Schedule Management team in Azusa, CA. The manager will report into the Military & Civil Space business area within the Space Systems Division and will be responsible for supporting programs across the portfolio.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the Schedule Management team consisting of both another manager and a team of Program Planning & Scheduling Analysts
- Develop direct team knowledge and depth
- Perform mid-year and year-end performance reviews
- Prepares, develops, and coordinates the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to meet all program objectives
- Ensures program schedules are horizontally and vertically integrated
- Provides weekly status and reporting
- Conducting Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR) and Joint Surveillance Reviews (JSR) audits
- Implements scheduling best practices as prescribed by industry to include, but not limited to:
- DCMA 14-point
- IPMR DI-MGMT-81861
- NDIA EIA-748 32 Guidelines
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Critical Path Methodology (CPM)
- Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA)
- Schedule Performance and Health Metrics and Analysis
- Ability to perform detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendations to solve problems
- Ability to create presentation content and present to various levels of leadership
- Ability to effectively work with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/Project Manager
• Bachelor's Degree & 7 years of leadership and/or management experience in either planning & scheduling, finance, pricing, program management or engineering, OR a Master's degree & 5 years of leadership and/or management experience in either planning & scheduling, finance, pricing, program management, or engineering
• Active & current DoD secret security clearance
• Active TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI
• Experience with Microsoft Project Server Environment
• Knowledge of integrated master plan (IMP) and integrated master scheduled (IMS) development, schedule risk assessment (SRA) approach and execution
• Experienced interfacing with employees, management, and end customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top