Manager 3 - Business Management
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Manager 3 - Business Management for the Marine Systems Business Unit. This individual will be a direct report to the Marine Systems BU Director of Business Management and will partner with the Operating Unit Director and Program Managers to manage all financial aspects to achieve the Business Unit's financial and strategic objectives.
The Manager 3 - Business Management will lead a team of program level business managers, as well as program control and financial professionals. The successful candidate must be proficient at developing and motivating staff in a team environment with excellent interpersonal, planning, presentation and organizational skills. This position is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
To learn more about Marine Systems, please view our Life + Work at Northrop Grumman: Sunnyvale, CA video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp4OuLR0p0Q
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with the Operating Unit Director to effectively manage the business portfolio and provide strategic long term planning.
- Manage internal financial planning, forecasting and reporting for key financial metrics such as Award, Sales, Operating Margin and Cash Flow.
- Manage external and internal customer program reporting for required Earned Value Management System data.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal customers; and can effectively operate in a matrix-reporting environment.
- Prepare and/or review contract estimates at completion and estimates to complete.
- Develop strategic pricing and proposal development for program growth.
- Ensure compliance with all NGC policies, internal controls and disclosed practices.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree or higher with 10+ years of defense industry related experience in finance, accounting, or program control.
- 5+ years of leadership experience directly managing people.
- Understanding of government Cost Accounting Standards and the FAR.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong experience with Earned Value Management.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Master's Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field of study.
- Working knowledge of Business Warehouse (BW), Cobra and SAP (or equivalent system).
- Internal and External support of compliance audits.
- Ability to develop and present material outside the immediate work function - Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top