Manager 2, Program Planning and Scheduling
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Sector is seeking a Manager 2, Program Planning & Scheduling on our Schedule Management team in Redondo Beach, CA.
The manager will report into the Space Systems Division Functional Homeroom. The manager will be responsible for supporting Northrop Grumman Corporation Aerospace System (NGAS) programs across the Space Systems and Research & Technology portfolio.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage division staffing activities
- Drive, execute, and validate company and industry compliance on programs
- Division EVMS Schedule Management focal and representative
- Manage division software licenses and interface with program POCs and sales reps
- Assist with development and training content/presentations (i.e. new hires, junior bench, etc.)
- Support company initiatives and activities across the Aerospace Systems sector
- Provide Schedule Management surge support upon request
- Support new proposal efforts
- Travel may be required
- Ability to create presentation content and present to various levels of leadership
- Ability to effectively work with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/Project Managers
- Ability to perform detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendations to solve problems
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business and/or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of business and/or engineering experience OR Masters degree with 3 years of business and/or engineering experience
- An active in-scope DoD Secret Clearance
- Master's degree in Business and/or STEM
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server environment
- Knowledge of Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development; Schedule Risk
- Assessment (SRA) approach and execution
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees, management,
- and executive leadership
- Active, In-scope DoD Top Secret and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top