Manager 2- Microelectronics Product Engineering Manager
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in Baltimore, Maryland is seeking a Microelectronics Product Engineering Manager for our Advanced Technology Laboratory located in Linthicum, MD. The Microelectronics Product Engineering Manager should possess an in-depth knowledge of digital and RF circuit design and test; knowledge or experience with solid state device physics; and experience in Front End of Line (FEOL) and Back End of Line (BEOL) device processing and integration.
Primary duties include managing the group responsible for the development and qualification of novel products, and working with design and test to understand physical and electrical sensitivities, to characterize and trend circuit performance, to define and benchmark critical parameters and test vehicles, to coordinate experiments and analyze experimental data, to perform product debug and root cause analysis, and to support yield improvement efforts, manufacturing cost reduction, and device reliability.
The Microelectronics Product Engineering Manager is also responsible for device transition into production and working with process engineering to develop and document process flow post wafer fabrication. He/she will also assist customers in developing performance specifications and customer testing of complex devices. Other assignments may include ensuring timely procurement of starting materials, product qualification follow, assembly process support, and product engineering review.
The Microelectronics Product Engineering Manager will work closely with the technology principal investigators, designers, and program management to help develop and execute the strategy for product development utilizing the discriminating technology currently being developed. The chosen individual must have an aptitude for laboratory and experimental work, as well as design of experiments. He/she must also have the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels in the organization and be able to demonstrate excellent problem solving, data analysis, and critical thinking skills. ACandT
- Program and functional management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or other closely related technical field with 10 years of relevant experience (8 years with an MS; 7 years with a PhD)
- Experience with semiconductor process flows with critical dimensions at 250 nm or less and test vehicle development and benchmarking
- Yield enhancement and manufacturing experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
- Superconductor materials and device experience
- Familiarity with cryogenic test environments and protocol
- A strong background in solid state device physics, digital and RF circuit design and test
- Involvement with leading or participating in technology transfers and/or external foundry interface experience
- A thorough knowledge of advanced DC & RF device characterization techniques
- Experience with device and circuit characterization, including manipulation and plotting of large datasets
- Experience with the design and analysis of experiments using tools such as JMP or R
- Experience with the design and layout of process and device test structures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top