Manager 2 -Manufacturing Test Engineering
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector - located in Baltimore, MD - is seeking a Manager for the Test Operations team. The chosen candidate will be a Functional Manager to support the production test of several product lines.
Functional Management responsibilities include: supervise a group of 10 or more test engineers working various programs; perform yearly goal setting; evaluate performance; enable skill development and career growth; monitor compliance with department processes and company values; monitor and maintain production test yields; lead teams to develop root cause and corrective actions for product failure trends.
The Manager will also interact with program business areas to coordinate staffing and other program support (e.g. proposal reviews, customer meetings, capital and NCTA planning).
We are seeking a candidate who is interested in Test Engineering and has a Radio Frequency (RF) background. The chosen candidate will work with all the commodities and assemblies associated with multiple program and manufacturing areas. This includes test of RF CCAs, TRMs, system assemblies, and complete radar systems.
The right candidate will have analytical skills to review requirements, test plans, and test scenarios; and the leadership skills to effectively communicate and work with manufacturing, test, production, design, and program personnel. He/she should also be self-directed, organized, and team oriented.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video:
• BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science or other STEM Field
• 8 years of related experience or 6 years with an Master's degree
• Experience in leading or managing projects and/or people
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance is required. An Interim Secret clearance will be required to start the job (US citizenship is required.)
• 5 years of experience in a test engineering or integration & test environment
• Previous RADAR design or test experience
• Functional manager, program manager, IPT lead, and/or other significant leadership role that included people and technical leadership as well as project cost and schedule responsibilities
• Active Secret clearance. SAP clearances are also desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top