Manager 2 - Antenna Test Engineering
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector - located in Baltimore, MD - is seeking a Manager for the Test Operations & Product Development Labs team. The chosen candidate will be Functional Manager to a team as well as Manager of Antenna Test Development.
The dual-role Manager position comprises both group management duties as well as the performance of individual productive work on several programs and capital projects.
Group management duties: Supervise a group of 5-10 test software and hardware development engineers working various programs; perform yearly goal setting; evaluate performance; enable skill development and career growth; monitor compliance with department processes and company values; provide team leadership and engagement; and approve weekly time charging. Also, interact with program business areas to coordinate staffing and other program support (e.g. proposal reviews, customer meetings, capital and NCTA planning).
Individual Contributor role: 10% of the workload will be project management of a program or capital funded project. Duties will include effective management oversight, managing manpower and providing technical oversight to the project, and communication of status to program or business management.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related technical curriculum
- 7 years of relevant experience (5 years with an MS) with 5 years in a test engineering or I&T environment
- Experience in leading/managing tasks, projects, people and managing cost and schedule of a project
- Requires excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong team leadership experience
- Must have active Secret clearance. SAP clearances are desired.
- Previous antenna design or test experience
- Functional manager, program manager, IPT lead, and/or other significant leadership role that included people and technical leadership as well as project cost and schedule responsibilities
- Experience in designing and building test equipment
- Experience in designing and managing test facilities, working with facilities engineering and facility design teams
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top