Manager 1 - Test Design Engineering
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a candidate with leadership skills to manage a team of Test Design Engineers within an existing Test Design Engineering organization focused on test design for innovative microelectronics technologies. This group is involved in the development of test methods and test infrastructure (hardware and software) to support device testing and automation of test to position for future production environments. Emphasis is placed on LEADERSHIP with focus on growth of the organization to meet both current and future mission needs. The candidate must also possess strong people development, organizational and communications skills.
This is a dual-role manager position, requiring both performance of individual productive work on a program or several programs and functional personnel management. Functional management duties include annual goal setting; review and evaluation of employee performance; employee skill development and career growth; monitoring of compliance with department processes and company values; providing team leadership and engagement; and approving time charging. Additional duties include interacting with business divisions to coordinate staffing and other program support (e.g. proposal reviews, design reviews, customer meetings). Responsibilities also include meeting established cost and schedule targets and resolving technical and operational problems.
Typical roles and responsibilities include:
- People Leadership of an engineering design organization, to include performance management, career development, staffing, and merit planning
- Provide project and technical oversight of design activities performed by the group
- Foster ownership of and provide direction to the design processes utilized by the group
- Provide proposal inputs and review proposal content for both internal and external customers
- Promote department initiatives, recruiting, technology roadmap creation, cross-campus/sector involvement, and NCTA project leadership
- Interface with customers, program management, and cross-functional technical staff
- Facilitate resolution of test design issues and improvement initiatives
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or per business needs
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent technical degree with a minimum 7 years of career experience (5 years with a Master's) and at least 4 years providing technical leadership of a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tool suite
- Demonstrated leadership of diverse and inclusive teams
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are simultaneously being developed and deployed. simultaneously
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- A US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance (or higher) per business requirements
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent
- 2 years or more performing people leadership duties
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience in microcircuit device testing
- Experience as Technical lead, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or other demonstrated leadership role
- Active Secret or Top Secret and/or SCI/SSBI clearances
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top