Manager 1 - Program Planning and Scheduling
- Sunnyvale, CA
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Program Planning and Scheduling Manager 1 to join its Program Scheduling and Compliance Center of Excellence. The Scheduling Manager will be responsible for leading a group of program schedulers. This position reports to the Western Region Manager of Scheduling and Compliance. The Manager will provide guidance and direction in the preparation and coordination of plans and integrated schedules for new and existing programs.
This position is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage scheduling efforts and schedule baselines
- Provide site schedulers with day to day hands on support, guidance, troubleshooting, and satisfying Programmatic requirements
- Function as a change agent, creating an environment of trust, compliance, continuous improvement and learning
- Project management including managing multiple priorities against ambitious timelines
- Support/coordinate internal and external surveillance audits
- Ensure full compliance with corporate and sector scheduling processes and procedures, with particular focus on implementation of the NGMS Earned Value Management System
- Provide support to bids, bid reviews, integrated baseline reviews, and internal projects
- Advise business managers in integrating project schedules with Earned Value Management
- Attend site business management meetings to define schedule needs and work with sector scheduling management on resource allocation needs
- Assist sector scheduling group in evaluating goals and objectives for site schedulers
- Perform in a fast paced, frequently changing, and demand driven environment
- Problem solving and decision making requiring excellent communication skills
- Travel 10%
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
- BA/BS degree with experience relevant to the position as described above.
- 5 years' hands-on experience in Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software
- Demonstrated strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects.
- Experience in a DOD manufacturing or engineering development environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs (MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word).
- Experience using Schedule Health Analysis and Monte Carlo schedule risk Assessment tools
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- BA/BS in a Business Administration or Engineering.
- Familiarity with Earned Value tools (MPM, Cobra,etc.)
- Experience in applying integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies within an Earned Value (EVMS) environment.
- Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide.
- Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs and familiarity with Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top