Manager 1 - Mechanical Design Engineering
- Van Nuys, CA
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems in Northridge, CA is currently seeking a Manager 1 - Mechanical Design Engineering to support our Advanced Weapons group in Northridge, CA.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Mechanical Engineering, the Mechanical Design Manager will be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic goals and objectives as applicable to Mechanical Design to support business objectives. The role will ensure mechanical design projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization's established policies and procedures. Success in this role will reflect extensive experience and judgment in order to plan and accomplish goals. A degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop staff by providing an environment that encourages ongoing professional growth. Ensure staff receives the appropriate training and skill development opportunities to be successful in their roles.
- Provide support to the Sr. Manager on mechanical design issues. Assist in the development of plans to resolve issues.
- Participate in mechanical design process improvement initiatives to ensure alignment of operations initiatives.
- Act as a resource to the department staff by providing guidance, interpretation, training and key input regarding operating procedures and processes.
- Provide resources for proposals; participate in proposal writing as needed.
- Provide input to the mechanical engineering department budget.
- Work with the Sr. Manager and Program Management to ensure programs are adequately and appropriately staffed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• 8+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering.
• Extensive Mechanical Design experience
• Experience writing processes for Mechanical Design
• Experience in leading personnel.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Gov't DoD Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management; US Citizenship is required.
• Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• Experience using Pro-E CAD.
• Experience in program leadership.
• Experience working in the Defense Industry.
• Experience working with Windchill and ePIC.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top