Manager 1 - Finance/Business Management
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Manager 1 - Finance/Business Management. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The qualified applicant will lead the financial forecasting and reporting aspects of the Space Surveillance & Environmental Intelligence (SS&EI) Operating Unit (OU) in addition to overseeing the NOALS program and mentoring it's the PCA staff.
This position reports to the SS&EI Business Manager and will partner with the NOALS Program Manager and senior project leadership team to help both the OU and program develop strategy, report on performance, and achieve financial goals.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Compliance and financial reporting
- Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP)
- NG monthly close and reporting process including Balance Sheet and Income Statement preparation and variance reporting
- Unbilled analysis and working with programs to minimize/clean-up
- Estimate-at-Complete (EAC) preparation and review for the OU and programs
- Support of pricing major OU proposals as well as program ECP's proposal activities
- Program resource management, including cost estimation, allocation, tracking, and analysis
- Subcontractor oversight
- Management and development of Program Control Analyst (PCA) and functional staff
- Preparation and presentation of financial data to internal senior managers and external customers, including variance analysis and forecasts
- On-going collaboration with the customer and functional teams
- Review of contractual documents, including Request for Proposals (RFP), Technical Task Orders/Engineering Change Proposal
- Assistance with contract negotiations
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THIS OPPORTUNITY.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline with 6 years of industry related experience in finance, accounting or program control.
- Understanding of DOD contracts, government Cost Accounting Standards, and the FAR
- Prior experience with government program budgeting and forecasting, as well as Annual Operating Plan development
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, SAP, and Business Warehouse (BW)
- Previous experience managing/supervising a program, project, or personnel. This may be a lead position on a team.
- Prior experience preparing and presenting financial analysis to team and/or management.
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time is required.
- A current, active TS/SCI Clearance (or IC equivalent) with Poly is required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Prior experience in supporting major proposals from business case development, Basis of Estimates (BOE) creation, financial analysis to pricing
- Experience with COGNOS forecasting system
- Highly proficient with MPM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top