Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a Malware Analyst. This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Malware Analyst will support the Senior Cyber Security Manager within DSS Cyber Network Defense (CND) unit. Supports identifying and tracking cyber threats, and a technical understanding of the tools, techniques, and procedures used by threat actors. The successful candidate will possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plan and lead major technology assignments. Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting program success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Examines malicious software, such as bots, worms, and trojans to understand the nature of their threat through analysis and reverse engineering, examining how programs interact with the environments.
- Produce reports detailing attributes of Malware including indicators for identification and detection.
- Provide expertise in the detection, analysis and mitigation of malware, malware development trends and tactics
- Develop methods of tracking and detecting malicious activity within a network
- Support Malware analysis platform maintenance and contribute to development of new analysis tools and techniques.
- Provide tactical and strategic intelligence about threats, methodologies, and motivations based on malware research and incident response activities
- 5 years' of Cyber Security experience (3 Years' with a Master's degree) with a Bachelor's degree. We may consider four (4) additional years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience as Malware/Reserve Engineer supporting a DoD environment
- Knowledge of malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attackers; and forensics and incident response
- Experience with Cyber security policies, operations, and reporting requirements.
- Experience performing vulnerability audits and assessments.
- IAT-I, II or III IA Baseline Certification (SEC , CISSP, etc.)
- CND IA Auditor Baseline Certification: (CEH, CISA, GSNA)
- Computing Environment or OS Certificate
- Must possess an active/current TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Certified Reverse Engineer (GREM, CREST and/or CREA)
- ITIL v3 certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top