Maintenance Trainer II
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Establishes and directs a training system and/or conducts classroom and practical instruction to provide technical knowledge for the safe maintenance, repair, and operation of aircraft, aircraft systems, ground equipment, tools, test equipment, stores and facilities, according to established procedures. May analyze current operating problems and future operating requirements to identify training needs and develop training programs. Writes, edits, and produces materials for technical instruction. Provides assistance and support to all divisions in helping them determine their training needs and develop and conduct their maintenance training programs. Establishes and directs the maintenance of a companywide training and qualification record system. Maintains currency in technical developments, technical training, and audiovisual techniques including the maintenance of company aircraft instruction manuals. Coordinates all required technical training and outside contract sales technical training programs. Exclude ground school instructors.
- Associates or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience and/or experience relevant to the Aviation and Aerospace Industry.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Applicants must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel which include a physical.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain/maintain DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain Special Program access within 365 days of hire date and maintain access.
- Ability to analyze situations to discover facts, knowledge, interpretations to carry out prescribe actions(s)
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to be subject to a variety of physical conditions
- Ability to be subject to both external and internal environment conditions
- Able to change physical locations based upon need
Degree in the field of Education, experience as a training courseware developer using Adobe Captivate and IBM Evolution Learning Content Management System (LCMS), and Learning Management System (LMS) is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top