Maintenance Technician 3
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs of fabrication machinery and equipment controls
- Service and repair precision machinery including PLC or DCS controlled devices using hand and power tools
- Work independently or with fellow technicians to identify root cause events and areas for improvement
- Follow Preventative Maintenance Schedule and conduct routine and/or special inspection to determine maintenance activities to prevent breakdowns of facility equipment and discrete machinery
- Support engineers with new designs, calibrations, and installations
- Test, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair machines using prints, diagrams, specifications, and manufacturers' drawings
- Support other areas including HVAC, plumbing, sheet metal, soldering, and welding
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have:
- minimum of ten years direct maintenance experience working in a manufacturing environment
- electrical skills including motor control, electrical distribution, and machinery installation
- mechanical skills repairing and maintaining manufacturing machinery and equipment
- plumbing skills including pip fitting, brazing, and soldering
- Must be able to use a ladder, work in elevated areas, and frequently lift up to 45 pounds
- Two year technical degree and technical certifications are preferred
- Experience servicing and maintaining HVAC equipment is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top