Maintenance Technician 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Maintenance professional to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Amherst Systems in Buffalo, New York; an organization focused on development and production of state-of-the-art Simulation Systems solutions.
The Maintenance professional performs repairs and maintenance on building infrastructure, equipment and machines in our manufacturing and office facilities. Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair. Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment. Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment. Will use hand and power tools; and will work from blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications. Will also utilize heavy duty pickup trucks to plow snow and to tow specialty equipment trailers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all maintenance trades with primary experience in the electrical trade area. Electrical experience includes a working understanding of industrial three phase electrical systems; primarily focused on branch circuit distribution installation, modification and repair. A working knowledge of, and the physical ability to install, three phase branch circuits utilizing, but not limited to, rigid EMT conduit and flexible BX/MC conduit, is preferred.
The selected candidate must have the ability to use hand tools, work from heights and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 4 years of general building maintenance experience, including a practical ability to perform various electrical, carpentry, and plumbing tasks.
- Ability to perform work from ladders, scaffolds and powered lift platforms.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble various types of modular office furniture including partitions and wall sections.
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Must have a practical ability to utilize heavy duty pickup trucks to plow snow and tow specialty equipment trailers.
- Clean, valid NYS driver’s license. Must be able to pass annual NYS DOT physical exam.
- Ability to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours.
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need.
- Ability to be subject to both external and internal environmental and/or atmospheric conditions.
- Ability to be subject to a variety of physical conditions.
- Ability to wear safety gear as needed to perform specific functions.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
- Ability to utilize shop machine tools.
- CDL license.
- Experience with 208 volt branch circuits
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top