Maintenance Technician 2
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs of fabrication machinery and equipment controls
- Service and repair precision machinery including PLC or DCS controlled devices
- Work independently or with fellow technicians to identify root cause events and areas for improvement
- Support engineers with new designs, calibrations and installations
- Conduct routine or special inspections to determine maintenance activities to prevent breakdowns of facility equipment and discrete machinery
- Use hand and power tools
- Test, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair machines using prints, diagrams, specifications and manufacturers drawings
- Support other areas; HVAC, plumbing, sheet metal and welding
- Candidate must be able to work the following schedule: Thursday thru Sunday: 4:15pm - 2:45am (Four 10- hour days)
- High school diploma plus a minimum of 8 years of direct experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Two year technical degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience preferred
- Possess basic electrical skills including motor control, electrical distribution, and machinery installation
- Possess basic mechanical skills repairing and maintaining manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Ability to use a ladder, work in elevated work areas, and frequently lift up to 45 pounds
- Experience in servicing and maintaining HVAC equipment is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top