Maintenance Plumber 3 - 2nd Shift
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for a Maintenance Plumber 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, Ca.
- Determines defects in, repairs, and maintains heating, water, and drainage systems in industrial or commercial establishments.
- Inspects high-pressure, air, steam, water, and gas systems to ascertain malfunctions
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, water heaters and hot water tanks.
- Replaces washers
- Mends or replaces burst or leaky pipes
- Tests joints and pipe systems for leaks
- Opens clogged drains
- Measures, cuts, threads, bends, reams, and installs pipe and pipe fittings
- Uses plumbers tools such as snakes, wrenches, plungers, pipe threaders, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of local codes.
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules: For example, some roles offer the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of plumbing related experience
- Must be able to understand various piping system (air, steam, water and gas systems)
- Must be able to inspect, identify and provide solutions to repair systems
- Must be familiar with basic plumbing tools (such as basin wrench, pipe wrench, compression sleeve puller, drain auger, tongue-and-groove pliers, etc)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance if/when applicable
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Plumbing experience in the Aerospace Industry
- Certified in backflow
Back to top