Maintenance Mechanic 3
- Brigham City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Machine Maintenance Mechanic Specialist to provide support to our Promontory Maintenance team at our Promontory facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
This Maintenance Crafts position performs preventative maintenance, repairs, modifications and installation of all types of machine tools and fabrication machines, such as NC, CNC, or other equipment, employing multiple types of advanced and/or conventional control systems. Successful candidate must be able to set up and operate machines as necessary to ensure proper machine operation and tolerance prior to release to production personnel; make special modifications to and adapt partially automated machines and plant equipment to improve overall performances. Shift work and overtime are required and the successful candidate must pass a background check for the Federal Safe Explosives Act (SEA).
- 5 plus years, recent, work experience in the Machine tool field.
- Knowledge and experience with reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings.
- Knowledge and experience with electro/ hydraulic systems, with emphasis on servo drives.
- Knowledge and experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing precision tooling and processing equipment.
- Experience with tears down, overhauls, and rebuilds of primary machine drive, control and carriage traversing systems.
- Knowledge and experience with scraping Gibbs and Ways
- Machine Tool Maintenance, Basic Hydraulics
- Safety First attitude and personal work behavior
- Actively engage in maintenance continuous improvement efforts.
- Demonstrates initiative and ambition to become proficient in all job duties
- Able to work to performance standards with little or no supervision
- High School Diploma or GED.
Back to top