Maintenance Electrician 3
- Clinton, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Electrician Technician to provide Maintenance support to our Clearfield Maintenance Team at our Clearfield, UT facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
An electrical maintenance technician is responsible for the repair, modification and maintenance of a variety of electrical and electronic equipment. The Technician is required to perform tasks like wiring circuits, replacing components and repairing electronic devices. Performs routine electrical preventative maintenance on plant equipment including AC/DC systems, Lighting systems, Auto claves, Overhead Bridge Cranes, various PLC controlled systems etc. An electrical maintenance technician also performs test readings using several different instruments, including oscilloscopes, signal generators and digital multi meters. May be required to work shift work, including 12 hr shifts with a rotating schedule, nights, weekends, holidays etc.
• Maintenance activities to troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions, conducts preventative maintenance to prevent equipment failures and reduce downtime.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Utah State Journeyman Electrician License
• 4 + years working in industrial or heavy commercial maintenance experience
• Valid Driver License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working on equipment, including climbing ladders to access equipment on roofs in all weather, using man lifts and scissor lifts when necessary.
• Must be able to understand and follow electrical schematics proficiently without supervision.
• Familiar with machine control systems.
• Familiar with AC/DC drives and Servo systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot (complex) machine control systems including PLC's.
• Experience working with 480 Volt / 3 phase equipment.
• Retrofit obsolete components and systems including controls.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top