Mainframe Web Service Developer 3/4 +
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Mainframe Web Service Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Description of Work:
- Support the continuing development and updates to software applications for the Enterprise Print Architecture (EPA) design and to conduct planning and analysis activities in preparation for an EPA enterprise-wide deployment
- Application design, development and testing of software to interconnect EPA components to mainframe and open systems computing systems
- Application design, development and testing to provide software that will record and provide access to user options, administrative parameters, and network state information data that can be used by various EPA components and business applications to execute routing logic to deliver the print output to the appropriate destinations
- Develop recommendation and executive summary reports to provide the status of the software design, development, testing and deployment activities
- Developing and documenting an enterprise wide deployment model for phased roll out of EPA services
- Assist SSA with the design, development, modification and unit testing of software for collecting and distributing mainframe unformatted print data to be used with government furnished software per the Enterprise Print Architecture design
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
For a Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years or more IT work experience or a minimum 11 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years or more IT work experience or a minimum of 13 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- At least 3 years of experience of zOS mainframe DB2 database development
- At least 2 years of experience working with IBM CICS online transaction processing
- At least 2 years of experience deploying large scale applications into an enterprise network architecture
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience working with using web based JAVA software to query an external DB2 database
- Experience with using application software to retrieve and process active directory data for use in the configuration services database
- Experience with 508 compliance
Back to top