Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS is hiring a Machinist/Fabricator/Integrator '"B" to perform a variety of machining and fabrication using both manual and CNC machines while receiving instructions verbally as well from reading blue prints and solid models. The selected person must be able to complete and maintain required skill certifications, work with documentation ranging from formal systems documentation to verbal engineering guidance, be able to read drawings and understand geometric tolerance, and utilize trigonometry and geometry as required for inter-related dimensions.
The Machinist/Fabricator will also be required to setup and operate a wide variety of machines and manufacturing equipment such as lathes, milling machines, saws, drill passes, grinding machine etc. to complete the machining and/or fabrication of parts. He/she must also be able to verify quality and acceptability of work performed within the inspection systems, provide objective quality evidence as required, and provide material handling of components and materials with the manufacturing process with equipment such as cranes, slings, forklifts utilizing basic rigging skills.
This position is intended with developed skills in mechanical technology and acknowledges specialization of skill area.
- HS diploma or equivalent and 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have experience operating and programming CNC machines using Mastercam software
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to plan and perform a wide variety of machining, fabrication, metals joining, and painting to produce parts, subassemblies, and/or systems for engineering models, prototypes, and state-of-the-art production systems
- Must have a working knowledge of hydraulics, assembly and systems integration
- Ability to import solid models
- Ability to operate and program wire edm using Espirit software
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top