Machine Technology Manufacturing Engineer 2
The primary responsibility of the CNC/MTME (Computer Numerically Controlled / Machine Technology Manufacturing Engineer) Engineer is to troubleshoot and advise staff on repairs, proper usage, and training for a variety of large and small machining equipment and control system technologies. Other responsibilities include:
- Communicating with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) for technical and repair parts support – both within a warranty period and after that warranty has expired
- Research and evaluation of suppliers for new equipment acquisition or existing equipment support
- Develop the Statement of Work (SOW) for retrofit, rebuild, and repair of existing equipment, and specifications for new and retrofitted/rebuilt equipment
- Work with suppliers to ensure that the requirements of the SOW are met
- Assist in the coordination of installation and repair projects
- Travel to OEM's to evaluate and inspect equipment being built prior to delivery
- Research and evaluate new technologies and equipment that will improve safety, process quality, and efficiency
- Travel to trade shows to evaluate potential suppliers and technologies
- Travel to suppliers to evaluate, recommend, or reject equipment being considered for purchase
- Work with other departments to integrate new and existing technology and software into the factory, and to ensure their responsible and realistic usage
- Act as the subject matter expert on Machine Technology topics for training and consultation
- Document all aspects of in-use equipment including manuals, diagrams, service reports, photographs, OEM personnel involved in service interventions, etc.
- Assist in the creation of preventative maintenance plans
- Trend issues on equipment in order to determine the root cause of a failure in order to reduce overall equipment downtime
Position located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree with a STEM focus from an accredited institution
- 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work with a multi-functional team
- Familiar with Microsoft software (Windows, Office Suite)
- Familiar with SAP Enterprise software
- Bachelors of Science in either Computer, Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience as a maintenance or service technician on heavy industrial equipment
- Familiarity with CNC controls (Siemens, Fanuc) and PLC controls (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, GE)
- Familiarity with Computer Networks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top