Machine Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Machine Systems Engineer 3. This position is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Designs and oversees the fabrication, installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, production machinery, and other material-handling equipment used in fabrication, assembly, and other production functions
• Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data, and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts
• Oversees the construction of machine and subassemblies considering such specifications as gear ratios, bearing loads, and direction of moving parts
• Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect of design on machines in relation to factors such as temperature, pressures, speed, horsepower, and fuel consumption.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; or 3 Years with Masters; or 0 Years with PhD.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work with a multi-functional team.
• Familiar with Microsoft software (Windows, Office Suite).
• Bachelors of Science in either Computer, Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering.
• Prior experience as a maintenance or service technician on heavy industrial equipment.
• Familiarity with CNC controls (Siemens, Fanuc) and PLC controls (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, GE).
• Familiarity with Computer Networks.
• Familiarity with Siemens S7.
• Familiarity and Experience in heavy machining.
• Knowledge of Maintenance Connection CMMS Software.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top