Low Observable Survivability Specialist 2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Perform aircraft survivability analysis, operational employment analysis and Low Observable diagnostic testing/troubleshooting using support equipment and software tools to isolate anomalies and verify repairs. Provide threat system analysis, aircraft operations analysis, Low Observable system performance to include fleet signature health using diagnostic test equipment and analytical tools. Perform analysis on Low Observable data to identify component and system performance trends, identify component defects and identify potential areas of fleet-wide concern. Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Low Observable related studies, analysis, modeling and simulations. Participate in various process teams and ad hoc groups to develop Low Observable related system requirements, as well as operational employment plans and concepts. Support maintenance actions and activities as required.
This position can be filled at either a level 2 or level 3.
- Must be a US citizen and must have an active DoD TOP SECRET security clearance and be willing to submit to polygraph. Additionally, the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access is required as condition of employment
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel, which include a physical.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result.
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours.
- 2 years with a Bachelors, 0 year with a Masters. In lieu of formal education 6 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
- 5 years with a Bachelors, 3 year with a Masters. In lieu of formal education 9 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
- A STEM degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top