Logistics Supportability Engineering & Analysis Manager 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems – Global Logistics and Operational Support (GLOS) is seeking a Logistics Supportability Engineering and Analysis Manager, directly reporting to the regional functional GLOS Director, with matrix reporting to the E-2 GLOS Director. The Manager will lead a group of approximately 70 supportability engineers and analysts, including 2 supportability managers. Technical areas of responsibility include Reliability, Maintainability & Testability, Design for Supportability, Logistics Support Analysis (LSA), Maintenance Planning, Obsolescence Management, Availability/Operations & Support (O&S) Modeling for the E2/C-2 programs. This position is a hybrid role, consisting of direct support to programs and people management. This position will be located at the Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence (CoE) in Melbourne, Florida.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Provide management, guidance and development of the Logistics Supportability Engineering and Analysis Team
- Manage and integrate the Logistics Supportability Engineering and Analysis efforts listed above
- Identify and communicate design and issue impacts across the larger logistics community on the program to drive design changes and ensure all supportability, program and customer requirements are addressed
- Coordinate with suppliers to understand and resolve issues associated with logistics supportability engineering analyses and products
- Prepare and manage project schedule and budgets to include EVMS and prepare status reports on the health of the projects
- Identify risks and opportunities and coordinate with project teams to mitigate and retire risks
- Prepare briefings for management and develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and tools for intervention and problem solving with project managers, suppliers and clients
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- At least 10 years of combined experience across any of the following Supportability disciplines: Reliability, Maintainability & Testability, Availability/O&S Modeling, Design for Supportability/LSA/Maintenance Planning, Obsolescence Management
- Experience managing a technical team and developing talent
- Current DoD Secret clearance required
- Master of Science degree
- Experience working on military programs across all phases of the life cycle
- Experience developing and coaching for leadership and performance
- Experience integrating Logistics Supportability Engineering efforts across the disciplines described above
- Experience leading a large department in a matrix environment
- Experience with earned value management/EVMS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top