Logistics Planner III
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Analyzes technical data and reports to determine spares and support equipment provisioning requirements. Reviews site survey results and letters of offer and acceptance and formulates specific recommendations for spare/repair parts and support equipment. Manages and controls the asset position of customer inventories. May originate support plans for offer to potential customers and provide technical assistance to existing customer personnel. May forecast and manage budget system.
Receives, stores, and issues tools, machine tool fixtures, dies, and measuring devices. Maintains records of tools issued to employees; takes periodic inventory and requisitions stock as needed; reports damaged, worn out, or missing equipment using computers to enter transactions, validate information and maintain database. Cleans, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment; disposes of surplus or obsolete equipment in accordance with established procedure. Ensures that measuring devices are periodically calibrated.
Provides support to the logistics function preparing logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. Determines maintenance and repair materials required for additional efforts. Modifies maintenance records such as repair standards for more complex equipment or components. Develops requisitions for and manages records of equipment, components, repair parts and related manuals; tracks logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities; reviews configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment; documents equipment, component and parts conditions; and identifies logistic support documentation to be included such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to support life-cycle of product.
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of related experience or 4 years with Masters, and/or experience relevant to logistics planning. Additional experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Secret clearance.
- Able to relay and receive information.
- Able to collaborate in a team environment.
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours.
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing 30-50 lbs. overhead.
- Able to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel).
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Applicants must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel which include a physical.
- Must be able to obtain Special Program access within 365 days of hire date and maintain access.
- Bachelors degree in logistic related field with experience in mobility and load planning.
- Well experienced in team dynamics, exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top