Logistics Planner 1
Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. As part of Northrop Grumman's business focus area on Communications, RNS provides world-class communications with a range of capabilities spanning from quick reaction/urgent need programs to complex communication integration efforts. Our BACN program is the leading supplier of airborne networks, providing flexible content delivery solutions for C2, ISR, and disaster relief customers worldwide.
The Logistics Planner 1 provides material control and spare analysis, supply chain support obsolescence and risk assessment issues primarily for the BACN program out of our San Diego site. This position manages the government's equipment and supply to field sites and works hand-in-hand with engineering, production, procurement, and the OEM (Original Manufacturer).
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze technical data and reports to determine spares and support equipment provisioning requirements.
- Review spare and equipment depletion analysis in order to provide specific recommendations for spare/repair parts and support equipment posturing.
- Manage and control the asset position and allocation of customer inventories and other related Contractor Acquired Property (CAP) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE).
- Provide technical assistance to existing customer personnel.
- May forecast and manage budget systems as required.
- Consistently monitor inventory and material allocations for accuracy.
- Generate inventory reports on stock usage, location changes, and carcass tracking; including Return Material Authorizations (RMA) and facilitation of Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP). Requisitions in support of CONUS and OCONUS operations.
- Identify and manage component H/W and S/W configurations.
- Initiate material procurement and manage procurement processing.
- Monitor equipment for DMSMS/Obsolescence issues.
- Coordinate processing of Jurisdiction Classification Requests (JCR) for import/export of equipment IAW United States Munitions List (USML) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be Intermediate Excel skills and be able to make charts, graphs, and tables, including pivot tables.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Must have the ability to analyze data and make informed decisions for next actions.
- Prior experience with SAP.
- Prior experience with Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP).
- Familiarity with MRP, iBuy Requisitioning and procurement processes.
- Prior experience with military or civilian logistics and/or supply chain experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top