Logistics Engineer - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
The GMD DSC Logistics Engineer conducts supportability planning and analysis for new and modified equipment. They will perform provisioning analysis for spares, repair parts and tools, support equipment and support material for new or modified equipment. The Logistics Engineer develops and presents briefings to senior level management and periodic reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, and CDR). He/she will support efforts to develop, tailor and/or update maintenance and operating manuals for new and modified GMD equipment. The Logistics Engineer recommends changes for new, modified, or replacement support equipment through Logistics Management Information (LMI). He/she recommends solutions for Packaging, Handling, Storage and transportation using best commercial practices as a guideline. The Logistics Engineer provides guidance on the development and/or updating of the Decommissioning, Demilitarization and Disposal plan. He/she supports the implementation of the Obsolescence Management Plan.
- A Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering or a related field
- Current DoD Secret Clearance
- PowerLog-J or commensurate Provisioning tools experience
- Experience with conducting sparing analysis using tools similar to QUART-Pro for use in making a recommended spares buy to our customers.
- An in-depth knowledge of logistics engineering, sustaining engineering, operations, maintenance and product support
- Documented experience in developing and presenting analysis briefings to senior level management and periodic reviews.
- Familiarity with Army Regulation 700-127 and GEIA-STD-0007.
- The ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Experience working in/with USAF and US Army Supply Chain Management procedures and processes.
- Field experience in maintaining and sustaining deployed military systems.
- Experience with Computerized Optimization Model for Predicting and Analyzing Support Structures (COMPASS) with emphasis on Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) for new and modified equipment or Selected Essential-Item Stockage for Availability Method (SESAME) models.
- Familiarity with human factor engineering IAW MIL-STD-1472G.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top