Logistics and Networking Engineering Manager 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of Manager, Logistics and Network Engineering in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Logistics (EM&L) function leading the Software/Firmware Engineering discipline within Central Region Engineering.
This position is responsible for providing the people, processes and tools to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the NGMS portfolio. This role will have responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, and product support of state-of-the-art solutions in support of NGMS network engineering, program logistics, project management, and process engineering. Responsibilities include: managing budgets required for the discipline to perform their statements of work; provide functional oversight including bid and proposal inputs for future work, independent reviews and management of projects, organizational budget management; establish and maintain the discipline specific processes and tools for NGMS programs; facilitate and promote Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. In this role, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
The position is located in Pensacola, FL with travel to company and customer sites required up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor Degree and 6 years of technical experience in any combination of Systems, Software/Firmware, Hardware, or Cyber engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Previous experience in People and Technical Leadership roles
- Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools
- Must have proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance; active secret clearance required
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Must have experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top